Degree of Alcohol : 14.5%
Bottles/Crate : 12
Decided and intact red garnet colour; the scent is ethereal and decidedly rich of fragrant hints such as cherries, raspberry and wild strawberry. Then, even hints of dried flowers. Besides, we have the first spiced signs with cinnamon and vanilla. The taste is consistent: full, warm, intense, enveloping and tannic.
Wine Pairing :
It was approached with preference to the game, today its complexity and fullness do well with all red meats and cooked in various ways, from roasts to stews and braised local cuisine as well as international.
- Variety : Nebbiolo 100 %
- Type of soil : Clay and limestone
- Age of vines : 65 years
- Yield of vines : 50 ql/ha
- Irrigation : None
- Harvest : Manual
- Fermentation: Hand harvested, the grapes are crushed and de-stemmed in the cellar. Then, the vinification follows a traditional method in steel containers. The maceration lasts about 2 days. The fermentation temperatures oscillate between 28 and 30° C.
- Maturation : Right after racking, the new wine matures in oak barrels of 50 hectolitres for 12 months and then for another 10-12 months in barrels of 20 hectolitres. Barbaresco “Pora” is bottled in the summer of the second year after harvest. The bottled wine is stored in the winery for about 7-8 months before its release in the market.
- Type of yeast : Autoctonous selected yeasts
- Fining : Aged in big barrels
- Cellar : 20 years
- Decanting : No
- Decanter 2020 : Bronze Medal
- Wine Enthusiast 2020 : 93 pts.
- Decanter 2019 : 97 points - Platinum Medal
- Wine Enthusiast 2019 : 90 pts.
- Decanter 2018 : 92 points - Silver Medal
- Decanter 2017 : 91 pts.- Silver Medal
- Wine Spectator 2016 : 94 pts. - Highly recommended