Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 14.5%
Bottles/Crate : 12
"It is medium purple in color with legs that coat the glass. It sports a fragrant nose of balsam wood, Asian spices, incense, black currant and blackberry. This leads to a Bordeaux-like wine with nicely integrated oak, savory black fruit flavors, a firm underpinning, and an elegant personality. This stylish effort will continue to blossom for another 2-3 years " -JM Wine Advocate -R. Parker
Wine Pairing :
Serve with grilled or roasted red meat, lamb, and strong cheese.
- Variety : Cabernet Sauvignon(85%), Tempranillo(10%), Merlot(5%)
- Age of vines : 17 years
- Yield of vines : 4.700 kg/Ha
- Irrigation : none. Drip is used in very dry years
- Harvest : manual
- Fermentation : stainless steel during 12 days
- Maturation : french oak barrique (new 60%) during 18 months. With the lees. Malolactic fermentation. 36 months in bottle.
- Type of yeast : indigenous
- Fining : Filtered
- Cellar : 8-10 years
- Decanting : 1h
“This appellation is exclusive to Otazu. There are only 10 "Vino de Pago" appellation throughout Spain. It guarantees that all the grapes come from one specific zone that is located nearby the Castle.”
- Gilbert & Gaillard 2018 : Gold medal
- IWSC 2018 : Gold medal
- Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2018 : Silver medal
- IWC 2018 : Silver medal
- James Suckling : 91 pts.
- Guía Peñín 2019 : 92 pts.
- Guía Gourmet 2019 : 93 pts.
- IWSC : Silver medal
- Decanter : Bronze medal
- Guide Peñin: 94 pts.
- Wine Advocate – R. Parker : 90+ pts.
- Guide Peñin : 95 pts