Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 14.5%
Bottles/Crate : 1
"A glass-coating opaque purple color, it sports an already complex perfume of toasty oak, pencil lead, mineral, espresso, black cherry, and blackberry. On the palate it is dense, layered." - J.M. Wine Advocate -R. Parker
Wine Pairing :
Serve with grilled or roasted red meat, lamb, and strong cheese.
- Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon 95% & Tempranillo 5%
- Age of vines : 20 years
- Irrigation: none
- Harvest: manual
- Fermentation : French new oak barrique during 15 days
- Maturation: French new oak barrique during 18 months. With the lees. Malolactic fermentation.
- Type of yeast: indigenous
- Cellar : 15-20 years
- Decanting: 4h+
- Guide Peñin 2011: 94 pts.
- Wine Advocate –R. Parker : 92 pts. « The best of the red wines… »
- Decanter Award : Silver medal
- Guide Peñin 2009 : 96 pts. –Awarded "Exceptionnal wine" only given to 6 other wines
- Vinos de España 2009: Best new wine! -All category