Grape Varieties : Barbera, Corvinone, Corvina, Rondinella
Caract. : Dry red wine
SAQ Code : 13520785
Inventaire : Batch Specialty
Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 16%
Bottles/Crate : 12
Fruity aromas of maraschino cherries, red and blue berries and dried plum. On the palate, fruity notes of ripe cherry, chocolate, blackberry, woody spices and a hint of herbs. Full-bodied and elegant at the same time. The tannins are well integrated. The finish is persistent and juicy.
Wine Pairing :
Beef skewers marinated in dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar. Rack of lamb with port, game. Ctock pot dishes such as beef strogonoff. Marinated meat, curry dishes, aged parmesan cheese.
- Variety : Corvinone (40%), Corvina (40%), Rondinella (10%), Barbera (10%)
- Age of vines : 15-36 years
- Yield of vines : 45 hl/ha
- Irrigation : none
- Harvest : manual - grapes dried on rack during 3 months
- Fermentation : stainless steel during 30 days
- Maturation : 12 months in French oak barrels (225 L, aged 1-6 years) then 24 months in French oak cask (2500 L, aged 1-6 years). With the lees. Malolactic fermentation.
- Type of yeast : selected
- Fining : Filtered. Fined with egg white
- Cellar : 8 years
- Decanting : 1 hour