Degree of Alcohol : 14%
Bottles/Crate : 6
Intense ruby red colour. Notes of black cherry on the nose with aromas of violets and licorice. In the mouth it is full-bodied, juicy, with a savoury and persistent finish. Wine with great structure and elegance suitable for long aging.
“Grumello, from the Latin Grumus, which means “hill”, characterizes the municipalities of Sondrio and Montagna in Valtellina.”
Wine Pairing :
Red meat, game and baked preparations with elaborate sauces.
- Variety : Nebbiolo 100% (Chiavennasca)
- Type of soil: Sandy -gravelly and shallow
- Age of vines : 60-70 years
- Yield of vines : 60 q.li/ha
- Irrigation : No
- Harvest : Manual
- Fermentation : Fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 2 months. 12 days on the skins.
- Maturation : In new French oak barrels for 18 months. Before being put on the market, the wine stays for 24 months in the bottle.
- Fining : Not filtered
- Type of yeast : Selected yeast for Nebbiolo
- Cellar : 25 to 30 years
- Decanting : No
- Wine Spectator 2021: 90 pts.
- Wine Advocate-R. Parker: 93 pts.
- Gambero Rosso : 3 Bicchieri Rossi