Grape Varieties : Sangiovese, Barbera, Corvinone, Corvina, Rondinella
Caract. : Red wine
SAQ Code : 12291221
Inventaire : Batch Specialty
Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 16%
Bottles/Crate : 12
A wonderfully intense wine with balsamich notes of rosemary oil, damp forest floor and dried ginger. On the palate, complex aromas of berries, masculine, energetic and strong, close-knit tannins and clearly structured.
Wine Pairing :
Veal in sauce. Marinated brochettes. Pot meat. Game and cheese.
- Variety : Corvina (60%), Corvinone (17%), Barbera (10%) sangiovese (10%), Rondinella (3%),
- Age of vines : 25+ years
- Yield of vines : 40 hl/ha
- Irrigation : none
- Harvest : manual - grapes dried on rack during 3 months
- Fermentation : stainless steel during 30 days
- Maturation : 12 months in French oak barrels (5hl, aged 1-2 years) then 36 months in French oak barrels (25hl, aged 1-2 years). 6 months in bottle. With the lees. Malolactic fermentation.
- Type of yeast : selected
- Fining : Filtered. Fined with egg white
- Cellar : 10 years
- Decanting : 3 hour
- Decanter 2018: Silver medal
- Wine Enthusiast 2019 : 91 pts.
- Gambero Rosso: 3 bicchieri !!! « Red wine of the year »
- Bibenda: 5/5 grappes
- Vini di Veronelli: 93 – “Super three stars”