Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 13%
Bottles/Crate : 12
"The estate’s 2009 Volnay Clos des Chenes is a delicate, feminine wine graced with floral aromatics, sweet red fruit and a high-toned, caressing personality. The Clos des Chenes emphasizes length and floreality from start to finish." -AG Wine Advocate
Wine Pairing :
Red meat, roasted, game, strong cheese.
- Variety : 100% Pinot noir
- Age of vines : 10-75 years
- Yield of vines : 30 hl/ha
- Irrigation : None
- Harvest : Manual
- Fermentation : Stainless steel during 2 weeks
- Maturation : French oak barrique (30% new, the rest:1-3 years) during 16 months. 3 months in bottle - Malolactic fermentation. With the lees.
- Type of yeast : Indigenous
- Fining : Not filtered
- Cellar : 10-15 years
- Decanting : 2h+ hour
- Wine Advocate - R. Parker : 92-94+ pts.
- Wine Advocate - R. Parker : 92-94 pts.
- Wine Advocate - R. Parker: 90- 92 pts.
- Wine Advocate - R. Parker: 95 pts.
- Wine Advocate - R. Parker: 92 pts.
- Wine Advocate - R. Parker: 93 pts.
- Wine Spectator: 92 pts