Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 14.5%
Bottles/Crate : 12
Mourvèdre (earthy) with a splash of Grenache (fruity) here and a dash of Shiraz (spicy) there was blended to create this incredible wine. The overriding requirement is that the blend of the “three halves” has to be greater than the sum of the parts.
Wine Pairing :
Roasts, duckling, full flavoured Mediterranean dishes
- Variety : Mourvèdre 59%│ Syrah 21% │ Grenache 20%
- Age of viges : 21 years
- Yield of vines : 6-8 ton/ha
- Type of soil : Duplex soils, fine sandy loam on a clay base
- Irrigation : Drip
- Harvest : Hand-picked selection of the first ripest fruit
- Fermentation : Cool soaked prior to fermentation. Fermented in stainless steel tanks for 10 days on skin.
- Maturation : Barrel maturation 2nd fill French oak barrels for 18 months. Malolactic fermentation without lees. A minimum of 2 years in bottles before release in the market
- Type of yeast : Spontaneous wild yeast
- Fining : No fining, lightly filtered
- Cellar : 10+ years
- Decanting : 30 min - 1 hour before drinking
- Serving temperature:12 - 18 C
- Sugar: 2.2 gr/L
- Platter’s 2020 : 4½ stars – 93 pts.
- Platter’s 2018 – 4½ stars
- Platter’s 2015 – 4½ stars
- Tim Atkin MW 2017 – 89 pts.