Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 13%
Bottles/Crate : 12
"More volume on the nose than the Charmes. The palate is medium-bodied with bitter lemon, orange rind and a touch of white peach coming through; although, it remains very linear, offering quite a penetrating, lightly spiced finish. Good complexity here." NM Wine Advocate
Wine Pairing :
Coquille" St-Jacques, lobster roasted with fennel. Paella, chicken in cream and Camembert cheese.
- Variety : Chardonnay 100%
- Age of vines : 22 years
- Yield of vines : 50 hl/ha
- Irrigation : None
- Harvest : Manual
- Fermentation : French oak barrel (30% new)
- Maturation : French oak barrel (30% new) during 12 months. Then 6 months in stainless tank. With the lees. Malolactic fermentation.
- Type of yeast : Indigenous
- Fining : Filtered
- Cellar : 8-10 years
- Decanting : No
For those interest a few bottles of the 2017 vintage are still available in stores
- Vinous (Antonio Galloni) : 90 pts.
- Vinous (Antonio Galloni) : 91 pts.
- Wine Advocate- R.Parker : 90-92 points
- Wine Advocate - R. Parker: 88-90 pts.