Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 14%
Bottles/Crate : 12
The nose displays seductive aromas of exotic spice, freshly cracked pepper and sweet red fruits. The palate is broad and concentrated balanced by a fresh acidity with smooth tannins and lingerings finish.
Wine Pairing :
To combine with elaborate meat preparations, game, grilled meats, mature cheeses, great dishes of creative Tuscan cuisine. It is excellent with leg of lamb with green pepper.
- Variety : Syrah 50%, Cabernet Franc 35%, Petit Verdot 15%
- Age of vines : 13 years
- Type of siol : Iron rich, generous, intensely red soil of medium texture
- Yield of vines : 60 qt/ha
- Irrigation : Drop irrigation
- Harvest : Manual
- Fermentation : 15 days in stainless steel vats.
- Maturation : 12 months in 2 to 3 year old French oak barrels
- Fining : 36 months in bottle before marketing
- Type of yeast : Selected
- Filtered : Yes
- Cellar : 15 years +
- Decanting : No
- Wine spectator 2018 : 93 pts.
- Decanter Wine Awards 2016 : Silver Medal