Tokara - South Africa - Western Cape

Elgin Sauvignon blanc - 2020

Grape Variety : Sauvignon blanc  
Caract. : Dry white wine  
Price : 25.10$
SAQ Code :  
Inventory : Batch Specialty  
Format : 750 mL 
Degree of Alcohol : 13.5% 
Bottles/Crate : 12 

Tasting :

The wine displays a stunning light straw colour with a brilliant green edge. The nose opens with aromas of Passion Fruit and lime juice subtly interplayed with Lemongrass and Elderflower. There is an amazing freshness as the wine enters the palate, with zesty green apple flavours leading to a creamy mid-palate and a lingering saline finish.

Wine Pairing :

Best served cold and enjoyed as an aperitif or with fresh summer oysters, fresh grilled yellowtail with salsa verde or salmon roses with kewpie mayo and caviar

Winemaking :

  • Variety : Sauvignon blanc 100%
  • Type of soil: Decomposed Table Mountain Sandstone overlaying decomposed granite with a high quarts content.
  • Age of vines : 18-19 years
  • Yield of vines : 6,5 à 7,5 ton/ha
  • Irrigation : Drip
  • Harvest : Hand-picked
  • Fermentation : Stainless steel vats for 10 to 15 days. Two hours on the skins.
  • Maturation : 95% in stainless steel tanks for 5 months, the remaining 5% in 3 year old barrels. Aged on lees, no malolactic fermentation. Aged in bottle for 8 months before marketing.
  • Type of Yeast : Natural
  • Fining : Bentonite - Filtered
  • Cellar : 10 years
  • Decanting : No

See the Press Review


Vintage 2020

  • Concours Mondial du Sauvignon 2021: Gold Medal │ Contest Best Sauvignon - Dubourdieu Trophee
  • Wine Advocate (Robert Parker): 90 pts.
  • Decanter: 93 pts.
  • Platter’s: 5 Stars
  • Tim Atkin: 93 pts.
  • James Suckling: 91 pts.

Vintage 2019

  • Tim Atkin: 93 pts.
  • Decanter: 93 pts.
  • Platter’s: 5 Stars

Download the Picture of the Bottle /Label |Print This Page   |Share On :