Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 14%
Bottles/Crate : 6
Certification : Organic
Intense and deep ruby red colour with bright garnet hues. The flavour of leather and flint in the background revives the typical notes of maraschino cherry and violet, which are precise and really intense. Notes of tobacco and caramel appear later on and make this wine complex and fascinating. Very well structured, sapid and fresh. Its great balance makes this wine very charming and elegant. The result is a wine of great precision and intensity.
Wine Pairing :
Perfect with all roasted meats and game, braised beef, cheeses and all tasty dishes.
- Variety: Sangiovese grosso 100% - Organic
- Age of vines : 16 to 33 years
- Type of soil : Clay and limestone
- Yield of vines : 40 qt/ha
- Irrigation : None
- Harvest : Manual
- Fermentation : Stainless steel and cement tanks for 7 days. 20 to 30 days on skins.
- Maturation : 36 months in used 5-10 year old Slovak oak barrels (20-50 hl) - no ageing on lees. Malolactic fermentation. Aged in the bottle for 12 months before being put on the market..
- Type of yeast : Indigenous
- Fining : Not filtered
- Cellar : 20 years
- Decanting : No, open 8 hours before serving
- James Suckling : 93 pts.
- Wine Advocate -R. Parker 2020 : 97+ pts.
- Wine Spectator 2021: 98 pts.
- Wine Enthusiast 2020 : 98 pts.
- James Suckling 2020 : 95 pts.
- Jancis Robinson 2020: 17+/20 pts.
- Wine Advocate-R.Parker 2020 : 95 pts.
- Wine Spectator 2020 : 95 pts.
- Vinous (Antonio Galloni) : 95 pts.
- Decanter : 94 pts.
- Gambero Rosso : 3 bicchieri
- Wine Advocate-R.Parker 2019 : 93+ pts.
- Wine Spectator 2019 : 90 pts.
- Wine Advocate-R.Parker 2018 : 96+ pts.
- Wine Spectator 2018 : 93 pts.
- Wine Advocate-R.Parker 2017 : 92 pts.
- Wine Spectator 2017 : 94 pts.