Grape Variety : Grenache
Caract. : Dry red wine
SAQ Code : 12721905
Inventaire : Continuous Supply
Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 14%
Bottles/Crate : 12
"The wine is quite dark, ripe and brooding, with tantalizing aromas of wet earth, graphite and blackberries making for a quite attractive nose that’s different to other wines from the region. It reminds me perhaps of a Priorat. The palate is medium to full-bodied, with fine-grained, earthy tannins and good freshness and depth. Quite impressive." -LG Wine Advocate
Wine Pairing :
Teryaki beef. Pulled pork sandwich. Braised beef with mushrooms. Marinated lamb brochette.
- Variety : Garnacha 100%
- Age of vines : 70-115 years
- Yield of vines : 1.5 kg/vine
- Irrigation : none. Drip is used in very dry years
- Harvest : manual
- Fermentation : stainless steel during 15 days
- Maturation : old (3-5 years) french and american oak barrique during 6 months. Without the lees. Malolactic fermentation. 12 months in bottle.
- Type of yeast : saccharomyces cerevis_ - eae
- Fining : Filte_ - red
- Cellar : 5 years
- Decanting : 1h
- Wine Advocate - R. Parker: 90 pts.
- Sélections Mondiales: Gold medal