Grape Varieties : Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Tempranillo
Caract. : Dry Red wine
SAQ Code : 12783292
Inventaire : Batch Specialty
Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 14%
Bottles/Crate : 12
Notes of dry cherry, spices, cassis, coffe and cedar. Medium body, ripe and fresh backed with crips acidity. Juicy, complex with well integrated tannins.
Wine Pairing :
Serve with grilled or roasted red meat, lamb, and strong cheese.
- Variety : Merlot (50%), Cabernet Sauvignon (25%), Tempranillo (25%),
- Age of vines : 18 years
- Yield of vines : 4.000 kg/Ha
- Irrigation : none. Drip is used in very dry years
- Harvest : manual
- Fermentation : wooden vats 100hl during 3 weeks
- Maturation : old (1-3 years) french oak barrique during 12 months. With the lees. Malolactic fermentation. 60 months in bottle.
- Type of yeast : indigenous
- Fining : Filtered
- Cellar : 6-8 years
- Decanting : 1h
“Special Reserve” coming from Palacio de Otazu’s own cellar.”
- Gilbert & Gaillard : Gold Medal
- Vino Sub 30 Madrid 2019 : 96 pts.