Grape Varieties : Barbera, Corvinone, Corvina, Rondinella
Caract. : Dry red wine
SAQ Code : 13186570
Inventaire : Signature
Format : 750 mL
Degree of Alcohol : 15.1%
Bottles/Crate : 12
Fragrant nose of dark-berried fruit and the sweet spice of oak in the background. Full bodied but not heavy with good supporting tannin and smooth feel. Finishing on ripe blackberry/cherry fruit.
Wine Pairing :
Veal in sauce. Marinated brochettes. Pot meat. Game and mature cheese.
- Variety : Corvina (43%) Corvinone (31%), Rondinella (16%), Barbera (10%)
- Age of vines : 30 years
- Yield of vines : 1600 (pergola) to 5000 (Guyot)/ hectare
- Irrigation : None
- Harvest: Manual - grapes dried on a rack for 3 months
- Fermentation : Stainless steel during 30 days
- Maturation: 12 months in French oak barrels (225 L, aged 1-2 years) then 24 months in French oak barrels (250 L, aged 1-2 years). With the lees. Malolactic fermentation.
- Type of yeast : Selected
- Fining : Filtered. Fined with egg white
- Cellar : 8 years
- Decanting : 1 hour
- Gambero Rosso : 2 bicchieri rossi
- Bibenda : 4/5 grappoli
- Vini di Veronelli : 92 pts.
- Gambero Rosso: 2 bicchieri rossi
- Bibenda: 4/5 grappoli
- Vini di Veronelli: 91 pts.